Does your heart beat faster when you see a vessel? Are you an Automation Engineer and interested in the maritime sector? Are you a team player with ambitions to (further) develop yourself to a specialist? This position might be your next step!
The Automation Engineer is working on a broad variety of tasks. During the execution of the project, the Engineer will work in a team in order to deliver the requested engineering documents. You implement deep technical and practical knowledge into solid and innovative designs. The group Electrical and Automation is part of the Business Unit Workboats. The employees are assigned to projects, where they contribute with their expertise to product definition as well as the delivery of product information.
Due to the rapid developments in the field of automation within the maritime industry. Some of the development we are working on among others are autonomous sailing, smart / predictive maintenance, hybrid/ electrical propulsion systems, etc.
• Contribute to the engineering process by developing the required deliverables, such as specification documents, functional descriptions, schematic drawings and test/validation plans;
• Participate in design checks and reviews in order to guarantee the required quality;
• Verify technical performance of vendors and subcontractors;
• Perform cost analysis on received offers, in close cooperation with the Purchase department;
• Ensure full compliance to all applicable requirements and specifications, imposed by Class and the customer;
• Management of all electrical/data interfaces between (subcontracted) systems.
• Attend Factory Acceptance Tests for main subcontracted systems.
• Offer technical support or commissioning activities to projects under contract;
• Manage vendors and subcontractors to get their timely contribution to the project;
• Contribute to the further development of the E&A Engineering department;
• Develop and describe standards and working methods.
Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree Electrical/ Automation Engineering or another relevant technical study;
• About 2 to 5 year experience in the design and installation of complex systems;
• Experience in the functional development of Control & Monitoring systems;
• Willingness to travel (short trips about 1 to 2 times a year).You master excellent communication skills in English.
• A dynamic international working environment focusing on technology and innovation;
• A competitive salary;
• At least 40 days of annual leave;
• Travel allowance;
• Profit sharing & pension allowance;
• Continuous focus on professional and personal development.